Be a Barista! SCA Barista Certified Course (Intermediate)
30/9, 7/10, 14/10, 21/10, 28/10 (Fri) 7:00 – 9:30 p.m.
2/11 (Wed) & 4/11 (Fri) 7:00 – 9:30 p.m. – Examination
- Understanding of grinding and how it affects the coffee’s flavour and body
- Different ways of brewing (blends and single origin)
- Recognise flavours under different extraction
- Understanding the calculation of the extraction rate of espresso
- Milk techniques (whole milk / skim milk / plant-based milk)
- Milk foaming techniques
- Practical skills for latte art
- How to efficiently manage beverage orders at a high standard
- Introduction of workspace equipment and training
Location: Tsim Sha Tsui
Fee: $9,500 (examination fee is included)
Maximum class size: 6-8
About the instructor: The class is given by a coffee master Chester Tam, who is the first local authorized SCAE trainer and barista. He is also the City & Guilds approved trainer and winner of 2016 TISCA Roasting Cup, certified judge of World Latte Art Championship (WLAC) and World Barista Championship (WBA).
*Specialty Coffee Association (SCA) is an internationally recognised association formed by SCAA (Specialty Coffee Association of America) and SCAE (Speciality Coffee Association of Europe) in 2017.