Be a Barista! SCA Barista Certified Course (Intermediate)
12/5, 19/5, 26/5, 9/6 (Wed) 7:00 – 9:30 p.m.
11/6 (Fri) 7:00 – 9:30 p.m.
18/6 (Fri) 7:00 – 9:30 p.m. – Examination
1/12, 8/12 (Wed) 7:00 – 9:30 p.m.
26/11, 3/12, 10/12 (Fri) 7:00 – 9:30 p.m.
15/12 (Wed) & 17/12 (Fri) 7:00 – 9:30 p.m. – Examination
- Understanding of grinding and how it affects the coffee’s flavour and body
- Different ways of brewing (blends and single origin)
- Recognise flavours under different extraction
- Understanding the calculation of the extraction rate of espresso
- Milk techniques (whole milk / skim milk / plant-based milk)
- Milk foaming techniques
- Practical skills for latte art
- How to efficiently manage beverage orders at a high standard
- Introduction of workspace equipment and training
Location: Tsim Sha Tsui
Fee: $9,500 (examination fee is included)
Maximum class size: 6-8
About the instructor: The class is given by a coffee master Chester Tam, who is the first local authorized SCAE trainer and barista. He is also the City & Guilds approved trainer and winner of 2016 TISCA Roasting Cup, certified judge of World Latte Art Championship (WLAC) and World Barista Championship (WBA).
*Specialty Coffee Association (SCA) is an internationally recognised association formed by SCAA (Specialty Coffee Association of America) and SCAE (Speciality Coffee Association of Europe) in 2017.